Struggling with what to put in your media kit? Don’t even know where to start?
Media Kit Smash walks you through making a professional, informative media kit that gives potential partners exactly what they’re looking for.
What’s the Course Include?
With Media Kit Smash, you’ll learn:
- The basic components of a solid media kit (and how many pages are a perfect size for any blog)
- How to create the perfect bio, with prompts to kickstart your writing
- Whether you should write your media kit in first or third person
- Must-have stats to include… and additional ones to use when your audience is small
- How to gather information that gives brands a clear picture of your audience
- Showcasing your sponsor and advertising opportunities (and which details get too nitty gritty)
- Why you should build credibility with testimonials and how to ask for them
- The one thing missing from many media kits (and how to fix it)
I know not everyone has fancy software like Adobe InDesign… and you don’t have to! In this course, you’ll make a beautiful, professional media kit in Canva, then convert it to a PDF for your finished media kit.
In this self-paced class, you’ll get:
- 21 lessons covering designing your media kit and writing in a way that make brands take notice
- Eight media kit templates for Canva
- Videos showing design tips to make important details STAND OUT
- Swipe file showing exactly how to ask for testimonials that don’t end up sounding generic
- Handouts to make creating your kit easier
- BONUS: Sponsored content pricing worksheet (gold!)
What Could My Finished Kit Look Like?
The class comes with awesome templates built in PowerPoint but that are completely customizable. Change out the fonts, colors, lines, and more to get a unique look. Here are a couple from past students:
InDesign templates are available for download too! If you are COMFORTABLE with InDesign, then these are for you! If you’ve never used InDesign or aren’t familiar with the program, then stick with PowerPoint as no InDesign instruction is given.
- A Canva account (it’s free!)- no experience necessary
- A tool installed to capture analytics (Google Analytics, Statcounter, Clicky)
- OPTIONAL: Quantcast installed- or the most current Google Analytics code installed on your blog to capture demographic data
This course wasn’t created to convince you that you need a media kit or tell you how to pitch to brands. It WILL walk you step-by-step through a media kit that will knock the pants anyone you send it to (metaphorically of course).
Media Kit Smash